Welcome fellow photographers! Some fun news to share with you – I recently had the pleasure of being a guest on the Sprouting Photographer Podcast. Bryan & Robert (who are the two creators of the Sprouting Photographer Podcast) got in touch with me to see if I wanted to chat before speaking at the Focus 2016 photographers conference this past August 2016 in Burlington, Ontario. I was happy to take part!
This podcast is amazing for any photographers who want to focus on the business of photography.
If you’d like to check it out, here’s a summary of the topics we discuss over 33 minutes:
Summary of Discussion Topics:
- Do you need a formal photography education to be successful?
- Calculated risks – how do you know what’s ‘worth the risk’ when growing your business?
- The process of making a calculated decision.
- Building relationships and asking the photographic community for help.
- Going with your gut and knowing what’s right for you isn’t always right for other photographers.
- Being willing to ‘experiment’ in business.
- Being a contributing part of and leaning on the photographic community.
- Remaining objective when evaluating the risks you take.
Thanks for having me on, it was a lot of fun! You can subscribe to The Sprouting Photographer Podcast over on iTunes (I’m on episode #252) or you can click the link below to listen now: